CloudApp makes communicating with your customers fast and easy. Quickly create GIFs, screen recordings, and annotated screenshots with CloudApp. Then attach them to your Zendesk Support tickets to get the point across. GIFs are great for adding deeper context to answers to your customers questions. There’s nothing like annotations (and emojis!) to point something out or to clarify a workflow.
You can setup your free CloudApp account here. You'll need one to be able to authenticate with Zendesk.
To get started on setting up the CloudApp Editor App in Zendesk Support you'll first want to enable the CloudApp Editor App inside Zendesk Support.
Enable the CloudApp Editor App by selecting “Install” from the Zendesk App Marketplace CloudApp page and then choosing the environment that you'd like to install it in (in our case it's cloudapp.zendesk.com) and then finally choosing 'Install' from the Admin page.
You'll also need to enable the Rich Text editor, which you can read more about how to setup here.
Enabling Role Restrictions
If you'd like to be able to limit who has access to the CloudApp Editor App, you'll be able to choose between three options: Administrator, Agent, and Chat-Agent Only
Authenticating CloudApp in Zendesk Support
Once the CloudApp Editor App is enabled, you'll next need to authenticate your CloudApp account so you can bring your content into Zendesk Support.
Step 1: Select 'Get Started'
Step 2: Select 'Authorize'
Step 3: You did it! The CloudApp Editor App in Zendesk Support is enabled, and you're ready to start adding content directly to your tickets.
How Does the CloudApp Editor App for Zendesk Support Work?
The CloudApp Editor App for Zendesk Support allows you to browse and attach GIFs, screen recordings with sound, and annotate screenshots taken within CloudApp. These visuals can easily be added to your Zendesk Support tickets. GIFs are great for adding deeper context to answers to your customers questions, HD videos with sound can be used to say hi to a customer, and annotated images can be used to get your point across.
Once inside the Zendesk Support Editor, you have several options to easily insert content.
- Paste a CloudApp link directly into Zendesk. If you haven't seen a CloudApp link, here's an example: https://cl.ly/2O0j3x1W270Z (you can customize this link with your personal domain)
- Paste an image directly into Zendesk. This could be a GIF, a HD recording with Sound, or an Annotated Screenshot.
- Annotate a Screenshot in CloudApp. You can add lines, arrows, blur, shapes, text, and free draw, save it and insert directly into a Zendesk ticket.
- Select multiple Links and add all of them to a ticket.
To learn more about how to create visual content with CloudApp, check out these help pages to get you started:
- How do I create annotations with lines, arrows, and blurring to better explain bugs and give clearer feedback that I can add to a Zendesk ticket? Click here
- How do I create an animated GIF to more clearly explain something to a customer that I can add to a Zendesk ticket? Click here
- How do I record my screen in full HD with sound so I can direct a customer through a problem and add to a Zendesk ticket? Click here
Need to Remove Your Personal CloudApp Account from Zendesk Support or Log into another account?
No problem, just select the CloudApp icon, click on the little door icon and you're logged out!